Monday, August 13, 2018

Pancakes for Dinner and it's Low Carb High Fat! Score!



Tonight was pancakes and sausage night for the family. Before doing low carb high fat, that was a carb-laden affair for me, too. But now, thanks to @NewHopeMills Low Carb Pancake and Waffle Mix, I don't have to feel left out. Their mix makes a delicious, fluffy pancake for only 4.4 net carbs per serving. And it has 20g of protein per serving, so it helps me hit my LCHF macros for the day while allowing me to enjoy my family's "breakfast for supper" tradition. And, I really like the fact that it doesn't contain any sugar alcohols!

Paired with a little bit of @MapleGroveFarms sugar free maple flavor syrup and a generous dollop of real butter, this really hit the spot. The pictures speak for themselves - looks like a pancake and tastes like a pancake. I added a bit of Tahitian Vanilla and a pinch of brown sugar/stevia blend to the mix to give it my personal touch. You could flavor it with anything you like ... cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon flavoring, or add some sugar free chocolate chips.

It's great to have products available that help you live the LCHF lifestyle without sacrificing favorite foods or family traditions. The maple syrup added less than a carb (1/4 cup has 1 carb, and I used only a little).

My theory is ... if you want something you love, make it low carb. Thank goodness for companies like @NewHopeMills and @MapleGroveFarms who make that so easy and delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment