Sunday, June 10, 2018

Lazy low carbing doesn't work and my recipe for easy almond cocoa chia seed pudding for breakfast or a LCHF snack

I've been in a bit of a LCHF slump lately. Since I found out my husband had cancer right after Christmas until now, I've been a lazy low carber and gained back about 20 lbs. of the 100 lbs. I had lost since Oct. 2016. So, time to get with it, quit being lazy and get diligent. I'm logging again in MyFitnessPal, prepping on Sundays, and sticking to my 20 net carbs per day that I know to be successful.

One thing I've learned ... anyone who says "Oh, a little of this won't matter" is full of crap. It does matter. You have to be diligent to stay in ketosis and if you're not in ketosis you're not losing. "A little of this and a little of that" = NO KETOSIS.

So, today I prep. Tomorrow I lose ... that's how it works. I love the LCHF way of eating and I'm not going to let stress, laziness, the path of least resistance or anything else come between me and my goal. I'm worth it, my health matters and I already know I can do it ... so let's get with it!

Here are the ingredients for almond cocoa chia seed pudding.
And by the way, my husband's cancer is gone since he had surgery in January and his prognosis is good and he doesn't have to take chemo!

I'm going to share recipes I've been working on today to get me through the week successfully. I have found that preparation is the key to my success.

(Recipe adapted from Eating Bird Food)

ALMOND COCOA CHIA SEED PUDDING
6 tbsp. chia seeds
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp liquid stevia

6 tbsp chia seeds
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or mason jar, stir (or shake) and put in the frig to set up overnight or for at least 2 hours. After it sits for about 30 minutes, go back and stir again to get rid of clumps.

This is a quick and easy breakfast or snack with only about 2 net carbs per serving and the recipe makes about two servings, although I make it stretch further than that by eating smaller servings.

I used a whisk to mix it all up.



No comments:

Post a Comment