Monday, April 30, 2018

Low Carb Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy hit the spot and still only 6 net carbs!

I was craving a creamy beef tips with mushroom gravy recently, so I made it low carb high fat and it was delicious. I used sirloin tip steak, which I marinated overnight in soy sauce and seasonings. I cut it into small pieces and fried in olive oil, removed from pan, sauteed a little onion, minced garlic and a box of baby portobella mushrooms. Removed all that from the pan, used the drippings and mixed with a cup of beef broth and a quarter cup of heavy whipping cream and a little xanthan gum for thickening. Stirred 'til slightly thickened, then added everything back in the pan, covered and cooked for about another 15 minutes until it was tender and delicious. Served over a small helping of Hanover mashed cauliflower. Total 6 net carbs for the meal.
The finished product, served over Hanover mashed cauliflower.
These mushrooms made it so good.
The ingredients.
Sizzling beef tips.
I used xanthan gum for thickening. Zero carbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment